|Written by Mark Lineberger|
|Saturday, 19 January 2013 00:00|
After years of being on the back burner, a community development company is hoping to get started on a new housing and shopping project next to Verde Santa Fe.
Brookfield Communities, a master planned community developer with neighborhoods built in Cornville and Laughlin, Nev., established the Verde Santa Fe development in the Verde Valley off Cornville Road a decade ago.
The company set out to build a golf course neighborhood on 480 acres. Today, there are only 12 lots left available said Phil Petersen, Brookfield Communities president.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 16, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Verde Valley Weather
76°F / 103°F
76°F / 100°F
77°F / 101°F
- Ron Barber opens store after tiring of driving to Prescott
- 21,200-acre wildfire closes Oak Creek Canyon north of Uptown Sedona
- Town moves ahead with ‘tri-intersection’ project
- Taylor’s tattoo shop breaks common preconceptions
- Town fine tunes noise law
- USFS considers options for Fossil Creek improvements