|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Tuesday, 22 May 2012 00:00|
Call it engaging. Call it fun.
Just don’t call the Boys & Girls Club Summer Camp in Cottonwood “day care.”
“We’re a youth development organization,” Boys & Girls Clubs of Northern Arizona Executive Director Connie Dedrick said.
The club, located in Old Town, will offer a full range of activities including arts and crafts, music, computer and technology programs, and sports and recreation for school-age children at its Summer Camp from Monday, June 4, to Friday, July 27, all from staff members with a background in youth development.
The camp, open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. will be priced at $55 per week or $15 a day, and it will offer free lunches and snacks.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, May 16, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all