|Written by Jeff Wood|
|Monday, 25 June 2012 00:00|
Cornville writer Geraldine Birch is looking for local scribes to start a writers’ group in Cottonwood starting Thursday, June 28. The group will meet at 10 a.m. in the Business Assistance Center in Old Town Cottonwood.
Birch is looking for up to 10 writers to meet every second and fourth Thursday of the month to discuss the craft of writing, and to participate in group critique of each other’s work, in what will be called the Verde Valley Writers’ Workshop.
The meetings are expected to last about two hours each, depending on the number of participants.
A donation of $3 is suggested for each meeting, and participants should bring about five pages of writing, either fiction, nonfiction or poetry.
The group will be capped at 10 members to allow each member time to read their work aloud and receive critique.
Birch, who is a five-year veteran of Willma Gore’s writing group in Sedona, hopes to lead a similarly supportive group in Cottonwood.
“Writing is a tough job. It’s lonely and demeaning on so many levels,” she said.
For the full story, see the Wednesday, June 20, edition of the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Jeff Wood :
- Cottonwood city manager wins Zimmerman award
- Technology hits school
- Local National Night Out is state’s biggest
- Dozens arrested in Operation Rx
- Clarkdale hires Randy Taylor as police chief
- Cottonwood City Council looks to save taxi voucher
- Republican congressional candidates visit Verde Valley
- Grant loss may close food bank
- Man fires pistol during robbery
- City strives to fairly apply codes to all