|Written by Lu Stitt|
|Sunday, 06 January 2013 00:00|
When the Cottonwood Community Band strikes up its spring season, it will be a new director who gives the downbeat.
Will Norris will conduct the band starting with the Monday, Jan. 7, rehearsal at Mingus Union High School. Norris takes the baton from Julie Smith who stepped down following the band’s Christmas concerts in December.
“Julie did an absolutely wonderful job as our conductor for the past four years, and the band has done well with her,” said Sy Brandon, vice president of the band’s board of directors, and tuba player. “Will comes to us with a wealth of experience — not only as a conductor but as a superb musician.”
For the full story, see the Wednesday, Jan. 2, edition of The Camp Verde Journal or the Cottonwood Journal Extra.
Recent Articles by Lu Stitt :
- Car enthusiasts revved up and ready to road trip
- Verde Valley teen accepts invite to appear on Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Band announces its new conductor
- Two brothers exchange jeans for camouflage
- New Year’s resolutions? Sure, not a problem
- Simple steps allow us to beat holiday blues
- Tour peeks into Clarkdale’s history
- Circle of Friends concert celebrates joy of holidays
- Harmonizing for the holidays
- Benefit set for singin’ cowboy fighting cancer